Tour departs from Portland on Thursday for two days in rural Maine including one night at the New England Outdoor Center.
You will visit:
- A timber harvest on an 1,800 acre woodland in New Gloucester with forester, Jack Wadsworth
- Hancock Lumber Mill in Casco with Kevin Hancock
- Longfellows Cedar Shingles in Windsor
- Bradley Public Reserved Lands with Maine State Forester, Terri Coolong
- Robbins White Pine Plantation and Lumber Company with Jim Robbins
- A.E. Sampson Flooring in Warren
- Newly designed Nature Conservancy offices in Brunswick with Kate Dempsey and Ethan Bessey
Spend the evening at Twin Pines:
- Enjoy the New England Outdoor Center
- Dinner and social hour with colleagues
- Evening discussion with Lloyd Irland, The Irland Group, and Ken Laustsen, Maine Forest Service Biometrician: forestland conservation, sustainable forestry, and wood markets
Cost per participant includes transportation, lodging, social hour, meals.
Registration limited to 20 participants.
Bus departs from Portland at 7:30 a.m Thursday and returns at 6:00 p.m. Friday.
For more information please contact:
Kirsten at 207-377-2848 or KBrewer@tklt.org
Sponsors: Local Wood WORKS and Maine Tree Foundation with generous support from the Elmina B. Sewall Foundation