Hutchinson Pond Boat Storage
There is a storage rack available on our Hutchinson Pond Property, which is available to members for seasonal boat storage.
KLT members wishing to store a boat, canoe or kayak for the season at Hutchinson Pond may apply by completing a Hutchinson Pond Boat Storage Application and submitting it to KLT along with a check in the amount of $50, the annual storage fee. Please see more details below, as well as our application.
A map of our Hutchinson Pond Property is at the bottom of this page!
Boat Storage Rules
1. KLT members wishing to store a boat, canoe or kayak for the season at Hutchinson Pond may apply by completing a Hutchinson Pond Boat Storage Application and submitting it to KLT along with a check in the amount of $50, the annual storage fee.
2. There are fourteen (14) canoe-sized slots and two (2) kayak-only slots on the storage rack. Either canoes or kayaks may be stored in the canoe-sized slots. Small, narrow boats may also be allowed if they are no wider than a typical canoe.
3. Slots will be issued on a first-come first served basis and notification will be made by email. A storage number will be issued along with a KLT decal to place on the boat.
4. If all of the slots are taken, an applicant may ask to be placed on a waiting list and will be issued a slot on a first come first served basis when one becomes available.
5. Boats, canoes and other watercraft must be carried by hand to the boat storage area. No motorized vehicles are permitted on the property. The trail from the parking lot to the pond is approximately one-half mile long.
6. No boat motors or motorized craft are allowed.
7. No boat, canoe or other watercraft in excess of 21 feet in length are allowed.
8. Boats, canoes and other watercraft must be placed in the storage racks when not in use.
9. Boats, canoes and other watercraft may not be left outside the designated storage area.
10. A maximum of sixteen (16) permits shall be issued and outstanding at any time, with a limit of one permit per household.
11. Permits must be renewed annually by no later than November 30th.
12. If a permit is not renewed, the boat, canoe or kayak must be removed by no later than December 30th..
13. All boats, canoes and kayaks shall be stored in the storage area at the sole risk of their owners. KLT shall have no responsibility for boats, canoes or other watercraft left in the boat storage area. It is recommended that users lock their boats with cable or chains.
14. Boats, canoes and other watercraft found not in compliance with these rules will be removed at the expense of the owner.
15. These Rules may be modified or amended at any time by the KLT, and will be posted on this website.