It’s the Great Maine Outdoor Weekend when events all over the state celebrate our amazing outdoor resources! Join the Kennebec Land Trust in Vaughan Woods on Saturday, February 13 for a winter walk with Maine Master Naturalists and later the same day, join the Vaughan Homestead for a sledding party in the Homestead fields.
11:00 AM WINTER INTERPRETIVE WALK
· Park at the Homestead at 2 Litchfield Road in Hallowell and meet in the Grange/Shop behind the barn.
· The hike is moderately difficulty. Dress to be outdoors. Please bring snow shoes.
· The walk is appropriate for all ages, and children must be accompanied by an adult.
1:00 PM SLEDDING PARTY
· Park at the Homestead at 2 Litchfield Road in Hallowell or at the top of the hill at the Litchfield Road trailhead and find us in the field that runs from the house uphill to the trailhead.
· Bring your own sleds. Children must be accompanied and monitored by an adult.